About CSG / Updated Forum Layout + Profile Description Changes
12 posts, 8 voices. Latest reply from Earl.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. SteveCastro says:

I added some new forums and moved the Forums above the Latest Discussions section so you can more easily get to the area you're most interested in.

Also, I want to encourage people to write about themselves on their profiles, so we now allow 1000 characters of description instead of just 500. There's a new character counter under your description so you don't have to guess how far over the limit you are. Also, if there's a validation problem with what you submit, previously what you typed would be lost, but I fixed that to show what you typed even if it didn't save for whatever reason. Remember, you can put links in your description too.

2. darkbluemullet says:

Great. looks a lot more tidy now.

3. xXincognitoXx says:

I agree :)

4. ethanrule3 says:

How do you add a link into your profile?

5. xXincognitoXx says:

Your name is the link.

6. SteveCastro says:

Ethan, links are done with an "a href" HTML tag.
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

7. tman140 says:

what, me no speak html

8. xXincognitoXx says:

oh sorry I was thinking of the wrong thing with my above comment

9. Seiph says:

I know this post is kind of old but i was wondering if there would ever be an option to change you email? My old one i deleted so it has mucked up my own email on here now. Just asking. :)

10. Earl says:

Bah! 1,000 characters isn't nearly enough!
    (I'm at 989 and can't add any more without exceeding the limit)

11. Darkroot says:

How many saying's do you actually need thought? I've never noticed it accepts html. I bet I could make my profile very very annoying now. Also

[Math.floor(Math.random()*sayings.length)]

lol

12. Earl says:

Well, I'd like more than three. :)
    (Plus, I'd like to be able to have some, and also have space for, like, stuff about me)

And whyfor you laugh at that? Is it the floor function? I don't usually use javascript and don't remember if it allows casting.

(Oh, and it only allows anchor tags, but you can do a LOT with anchor tags if you embed javascript and/or CSS)

You must log in to post.