Ideas & Suggestions / To Jay and Steve
6 posts, 4 voices. Latest reply from beewyka.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. Damaia says:

I was just wondering...how many people are part of ClickShake games? I know at least it's -mostly- just you two. I think it's great how much you guys have been coming up with lately, but I can't help but wonder--are you spreading yourselves too thin? I mean, I'm the practical type. I believe in buying in bulk, but only as much as I can afford.
    Time is a precious commodity for me, so I really can't afford to spend it in bulk. Meaning, I prefer to wait a shorter time and get one game than wait a loooong time and get five.
    Part of me was excited to see the site go up. I was excited. "Cool," I thought, "a site for the game. Oh! The character cards are neat!" Still, in the back of my mind, there was a nagging voice. "Why are they wasting their time with a site when the game isn't even out yet? Why don't they just focus!"
    This isn't meant as a spiteful, insulting, or whiny attempt to get what I want. I'm honestly curious and a little worried. The worst thing you can do when you're small is grow too large, too quickly. It does make it more likely for everything to collapse in on itself after all. :)

2. JayZiebarth says:

ClickShake is only Steve and I.

To answer your question, when releasing a game the most important and most overlooked aspect for indie games is marketing. We could have the greatest game ever and if no one knows it exists then it's pointless. Often if you wait until the game is released to begin this process it's too late, by the time you get sales momentum you're out of money and working at Arby's.

So taking a few hours to work on character cards or websites here and there are very integral parts of the whole release. They also don't take as much time as you'd think, so the reward far out weighs the risk.

All in all, It's building to a very specific goal, so don't think we're just goofing around and making things for the fun of it. Time is also a precious commodity to me and I can't afford to waste any of it.

3. Damaia says:

Good to know. :) I know marketing is important, but sometimes I overlook just how important. Thanks for the quick response.

4. jeltevl says:

I am very glad with the site.
    It is normally that a game like te ballads consume some time to make.
    With the website I have a sneak peak in the game before it is finished.
    And it is very funny to think about the role the characters are going too play in the game.

5. beewyka says:

Hes right it doesn't take that long because I made my own website

6. beewyka says:

along time ago about 3 months ago was when I made it

You must log in to post.