Ideas & Suggestions / Suggestion for forum
28 posts, 8 voices. Latest reply from tman140.
Tags:
  1. Earl says:

If recent nonsense proves nothing else, it's that a couple of features might be useful here.
    This is currently set up as almost halfway between a forum and a blog.
    In theory, it's a nice idea. It provides more feedback for topics, without becoming a behemoth that needs excessive time just to maintain.

However, if the goal really is to use it as a focal point for the games (ie. a portal or nexus for people to talk about the games that will eventually be somewhat inter-connected), then there may be a need for at least a few minimal additional features.

For example, the ability to contact each other privately would be trivial to add, and not impose any significant additional burden on the server. It might also aid in both communications between members and developers. Currently, there's just the 'contact us' link at the bottom, which doesn't even allow us to specify whether we wish to contact Jay or Steve.

I can see why the current forum layout is so minimal. It keeps things streamlined. Keeps things peppy. But the capacity to create a slightly fuller 'online presence' would seem to fit in better with what I think is your goal of a 'clickshake world'.

2. Darkroot says:

Kinda agree with you but I can't see this forum drastically growing in size in the foreseeable future and I rather see more reemus stuff cough *wallpapers*.

But I do see the need for a comment box in our profiles and a selection menu for the contacts.

3. Darkroot says:

Oh also a post count would be something that would be nice to have.

4. darkbluemullet says:

To be fair they all good buts but bear in mind that this site is brand new and things take time. While I love my little site features as much as the next person, I wouldn't want the site interfering with development of any of the games.

Having said that, I was excited about the post I read regarding the ingame achievements or similar.

5. JayZiebarth says:

Yes, there's lot of site updates on our list. We're taking the start small and build approach just to keep things manageable and Steve is tinkering with things on a daily basis. Once these Reemus games are done it'll free us up to add more features.

All those things you mentioned are definitely on our radar.

6. SteveCastro says:

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. I'll prioritize them into the list and see what I can do. Darkroot, what do you mean by profile comments w/ contact selection menu?

7. darkbluemullet says:

Darkroot meant (I think) being able to leave a comment on someones profile page and the selection thing is so when you go to contact you can choose:

Contact Jay

Contact Steve

8. Earl says:

Well, I don't mean to be presumptuous, and I'm sure you hear these sorts of things all the time, but (assuming the forum's based on PHP and some form of SQL) I'm more than happy to offer any assistance I can. Most of my PHP knowledge is self-taught, but I learned it from coding for people's vbulletin installations.

9. Darkroot says:

Also editing post and password/account recovery would be nice features too. Also mods since I see you guys aren't that active and those Russian spam bots could appear again. But you guys are busy making games so hopeful nothing bad will happen till then.

10. darkbluemullet says:

Russian Spam Bots??

I think the Jay and Steve have been very active considering but yes mod are a good idea if that is possible.

I would like to nominate Earl (if he wants to that is).

11. tman140 says:

Never heard of russian spam bots

also Earl for mod, Earl for mod, Earl for mod, I like pie, earl for mod

---
    Edit:
    sorry about the i like pie thing

12. xXincognitoXx says:

I didn't really know where to post this so I put this here.

I've noticed that these forums have leveled out to about 6-8 people. I have an idea to get more people to visit this site. Polls. You have polls and those can be used for a HUGE income of people. Basically, what attracts people is a funny poll (not just merchandizing polls). I belong to a gaming site with about 10,000 members. What attracted so many people??? Its completly random and true poll of the day. It has polls on stuff from where you sit in a movie theater to funny info on popular games. Check it out for a good idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

13. spookspoon says:

Lol worthless random post jeje

14. tman140 says:

Have you signed up to donate your organs when you die? LOL

those are random polls

15. Darkroot says:

@spookspoon.... I would recomend that if you want to stay on the site you control yourself.

Again i'll throw in that having a mod would be nice.

16. Earl says:

I don't think there's really any need to police silliness on a forum for games involving barter-based assassinations and hordes of rampaging death slugs. :D

17. tman140 says:

dont forget the flesh eating forest and spiciest bees

18. Darkroot says:

@Earl

Yeah true but still that sillines becomes destructive in some way like posting bad links or spamming a whole page of "Lol worthless random post jeje"

19. xXincognitoXx says:

Hey, if you don't like the link thats fine but I was only trying to help the site.
    -Also, a random post isn't that big of a deal.

20. Darkroot says:

@xXincognitoXx I wasn't refer to your link.

21. xXincognitoXx says:

Ohhhh....okay sorry then. My bad.

22. spookspoon says:

LOL another worthless random post jejejeje

23. tman140 says:

are you going to keep doing that, cause its annoying

24. spookspoon says:

Why?

25. tman140 says:

you don't think it would be annoying if i posted LOL worthless random post jejejejejejeje every other post

26. spookspoon says:

why would it be?

27. tman140 says:

it takes away from the other posts

p.s. i know your dead

You must log in to post.