18 posts, 11 voices. Latest reply from darkbluemullet.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. JayZiebarth says:

Do you prefer your sci-fi with or without aliens?

2. darkbluemullet says:

Hmmmm, There is nothing wrong with Aliens but when you say sci-fi, aliens don't instantly spring to mind. I would say Blade Runner, Terminator, etc are better than Alien for example. Half Bot half Human is more sinister that an Alien. To me at least. It really depends on the theme. Predator is an Alien but is still human like so maybe that is the way to go? Is this a cheeky hint to the next game?

3. connah14 says:

darkbluemullet , look on his blog , and yes it is , mint potential new character , i love him

4. Zaigo says:

Well, come to think of it, you already have one series with actual aliens (a small favor), so maybe this new potential series could be human-only sci-fi game. Cyborgs and androids would also be nice, like darkbluemullet said.

5. darkbluemullet says:

Aah, just checked. That looks like one bad-ass character right there Jay. First impressions, related to his style, I would say he looks more suited a Mech/Cyborg type of world, rather than aliens.

6. JayZiebarth says:

My plan is to build a small free game with your feedback, something that has the potential to spin into a full commercial game.

I'm allowing your comments to sway the path of design on this one.

7. Monopoly1703 says:

Stars Wars is the best Sci-fi series ever to exist and full of diverse aliens, I feel they let the creator explore his more creative ideas

8. Earl says:

Ha, just realized my comment on the blog post didn't really address the question presented. :) Sorry about that!

Honestly, I don't think it matters if a world has aliens or not. Farscape had a lot in common with Stargate (and I don't mean the casting). It's what you do with them that matters.
    But, ignoring that, I'm partial to cyberpunky cybernetically-enhanced humans.

9. DarkKnight says:

This game should have robots, cyborgs, humans and possibly mutants.

The storyline, in my opinion, should be something to do with a civil war possibly.
    Maybe mutants are sick of being made outcasts and have decided to fight againest the humans and their robots. Maybe you could add hired soldiers from another planet that have paid to help the mutants.

The character you have shown us on your blog should be an ordinary human until the mutants kill his son and take his wife. Thats when he buys a gun and goes of to find his wife and kill some mutant scum.

Anyway, these are my ideas.

P.S I might have got carried away!!!

10. darkbluemullet says:

Away on holiday for 7 days with no PC access, so no release until I return ya hear!? :)

11. JayZiebarth says:

I promise!

12. Coaltrix says:

Awesome, I get some say in a Clickshake Game!

I would love to see a Sci-Fi Game where you travel from planet to planet, meet wierd and wonderful alien species and I would defiantly want to see robots in a Sci-Fi game, along with spaceships and fancy Computer AIs.

Mixing robots and aliens to the right environments might be challenging but I feel ClickShake is up to the job.

P.S I am new to Clickshake but love your games

13. JayZiebarth says:

Thanks Coaltrix. So far that's exactly the type of game I want to make

14. spookspoon says:

Sci fi you say? More than anything I would like to see cyborgs, humans with robotic parts and stuff. And if its a more serious type of sci fi, then I'd suggest a kind of war on earth. With advanced weaponry leaving the earth devastated.

15. Monopoly1703 says:

So pretty much the Mass Effect series, haha, which would be awesome as that series is amazing!

16. rhcooper says:

Gave you my thoughts on your website Jay. For those who didn't see them though.

My favorite Sci-Fi has everything. Crazy tech, wild buildings, aliens, androids, robots, android aliens, buildings who can talk and are aliens. You name it. It's sci-fi man... go crazy!

Hell, Wentworth is sci-fi meets fantasy!

17. chinaskibaby says:

Jay,

Aliens or not, I am all about the setting and scenery.

I really like that whole crumbling galactic empire/galaxy in decay kind of a thing.

I think that no matter what the game or movie, this sort of brooding and dystopic undertone always seems to resonate with me.

You must log in to post.