ClickShake Elite / R.I.P Steve jobs
16 posts, 7 voices. Latest reply from darkbluemullet.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. spookspoon says:

If you havent heard, Steve jobs the owner and visionary of the apple company, has died of cancer. Even though I wasn't one of those who bought everything with an apple logo, I still recognize him as a true buisness and industrial genieus. But enough of this mourning. what do you think will happen to the apple company?

2. darkbluemullet says:

Not an Apple fan as such but I use htc, etc and Steve Jobs pushed every other technilogical business to the limit by creating so many game changing products. It's sad but the reality is, his money kep him from dying a long time ago so he had a long life considering.

Still though, sad to see an inspirational figure go at any time. He was a sort of 21st Century DiVinci. (Kinda)

3. Darkroot says:

I saw him as an obstacle to free and open source software and hardware. Respect is earned and he didn't earn any from me in any way shape or form. Maybe the new guy can make iTunes less useless and cumbersome.

The sad thing is that this guy died, http://www.firstpost.com/world/nobel-prize-winner-for-medicine-dies-before-announcement-98391.html. He didn't seek money or drop out of school. He tried to help people and we can clearly see that people are more interested in a dropout that didn't trust modern medicine than this man that possibly helped millions of people.

4. darkbluemullet says:

School dropouts really seem to bug you? What is it about Jobs dropping out of school that is so bad? Will achieve what he did by staying in school? Doubt it.

5. Darkroot says:

I didn't say it bothered me I just stated the differences between them. You can't get a noble prize in medicine and help millions of people if you don't go to school. I just see it as an overblown topic based on peoples extreme consumerism.

6. Earl says:

... you can't get a Nobel Prize in medicine without... going to school for medicine? True. Very true. Not entirely sure how that's relevant...

Anyhoo, I'll admit that I don't personally like how everyone's trying to canonize Steve Jobs, or pretend that he was anything but the high-tech version of Billy Mays. But someone else also dying doesn't negate the sadness one should feel for the passing of a life. Similarly, the accomplishments of one person do not diminish the accomplishments of another (even if those accomplishments all centre around simply taking existing ideas and making them popular through the power of black turtlenecks).

7. darkbluemullet says:

Too ture Earl. Take each person and their achievements or ideas on their own merits. P.S. Never, ever, ever, underestimate the power of black turtlenecks....

8. beewyka says:

this morning at school my teacher asked us for examples of something and my friend Asa (PS3 user is bostonace) said Steve Jobs. Lol.

9. beewyka says:

oh yea and then I said hes dead. and then Asa said I know. :( and I think I would've cried if I knew about him before this post the surprising thing is that i have an Apple Mac computer and an IPod Touch and a normal IPod and my brothers have IPod Touches And my mom has an IPhone but my dad has a phone like IPod Touches and it has almost the same apps but it might be made by Apple.

10. chinaskibaby says:

Every time a Billionaire died an Angel loses its wings.

11. beewyka says:

He shall be honored...................GOD PLEASE BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE!

12. Darkroot says:

Which god? Also I'm sure there are more useful people to bring back to life.

13. beewyka says:

depends on which God(s) are real.

14. Darkroot says:

None of them are.

15. SteveCastro says:

I have respect for the man. From the bits of info I know about Jobs, he was highly influential in revolutionizing the music industry and the way we use computers. Sure, he may not have invented every Apple product, but his vision for the company made it possible for the minds that did to be funded and to come together on the shared vision, in a way that impacts millions of people around the world. If not for Jobs, Apple would not have existed, and if not for him returning, Apple could have gone out of business before it created the iPod.

Right now in India, people can get touch screen tablet computers for like $70, which hopefully can make education more accessible to more people around the world. This might never have come about if not for the influence of Steve Jobs. (Obviously big props go to Google for making this happen too.)

Sure, someone else would have eventually done the things Apple did, but that doesn't change the fact that these things happened at this time the way they did because of Apple, because of Steve Jobs. That's like saying someone else would have eventually invented a lightbulb, so Thomas Edison's work is irrelevant.

16. darkbluemullet says:

Well said.

You must log in to post.