Games by ClickShake / Play our new game Wentworth, now awaiting sponsorship, on FlashGameLicense
31 posts, 9 voices. Latest reply from jeltevl.
  1. SteveCastro says:

We are looking for feedback on our new game Wentworth, which is currently awaiting a sponsor. We want to know what you like and what could be improved.

FlashGameLicense has a feature for players to try upcoming games and give feedback before they are released. You're expected to be a kind of BETA tester, so only sign up if you intend to give feedback on ours and maybe some other people's games. It says you must be 18 or have a parent create the account.

If you're interested, here's the link to sign up:
    http://www.flashgamelicense.com/signup_player.php

Please submit the feedback through FGL's preview player channels rather than here on the forum.

2. SteveCastro says:

We'll probably allow our future games to be viewable by preview players on there too, so if you sign up now you'll be able to test out more games in the future too.

3. rhcooper says:

Signed up, this is an awesome site and I have no problem doing feedback and NDAs as a well... you've seen what I'm willing to do for games already.

Not seeing Wentworth up though?

4. rhcooper says:

So confused by this site.

1.) Seeing games on there that already have a "sponsor". Isn't MochiGames a sponsor? They have ads on their games...

2.) Clickshake is way to high quality for this site. I can't see that REAL sponsors are even coming to it looking for games?

3.) I don't see Wentworth up there so that I can tell you if there's anything "broken".

5. connah14 says:

cant sign up , not 18 and my parents don't want to create an account

6. JayZiebarth says:

Yes, there are lots of bad games on there but overall its a really great service. All the biggest sponsors do visit and play the games.

Our visibility settings for Wentworth weren't checked off, so thats probably why you couldn't find it. Try looking for it now and let me know if you have any success.

7. SteveCastro says:

Jay, thanks for checking the settings.

I haven't used preview accounts yet so I don't know if you can search for games by name or anything. In case you can't find it, here's the link:
    http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?game_id=23456

8. rhcooper says:

I have posted my feedback even I couldn't beat Wentworth.

I still want a Wentworth plush... but don't go stuff the real thing Jay! Wentworth and Valentine designs are seriously made for vinyl/plush than anything else you've drawn before.

Is vinyl toys anything you've ever considered?

9. SteveCastro says:

We'd love to do toys. We've looked into it. The production costs are the biggest hurdle.

10. SteveCastro says:

rh, you mentioned the hotspots being an issue. Are you seeing white glow effects when you hover clickable areas?

11. darkbluemullet says:

Just away to get stuck in now, will report back later... excited!!

12. rhcooper says:

Steve: I want to avoid spoilers so I'll shoot an email.

Yet, I must say the glowing white edges are very faint in certain sections or not obvious or easy to see. (like the plant in front of beardies house or grass on bridge)

13. Earl says:

Just to be sure: Should feedback (in particular, constructive criticism) be sent via PM on that site, or onto that site's feedback forum?

(BTW, already want a sequel!)

14. darkbluemullet says:

Was wondering too? Maybe set up a google group again for this? Or maybe simply a new thread on here with a spoiler warning in the title?

15. SteveCastro says:

The feedback forum for the game on that site is fine. You can also email us via this site.

Jay and I both really like the world, and if sponsors like it we'd love to do sequels.

16. JayZiebarth says:

I'd say post it on the feedback forum. That way I can read it and it also generates interest within the community.

17. darkbluemullet says:

:SPOILER: Maybe a small bug? I put the wee... I mean leaf in the pipe. I then went back and forth for a good 15 minutes, trying everything, returning to the screen with the pipe several times and nothing happened. All of a sudden, I returned once more and the animation kicked in and I got my bucket. Is meant to take that long? I had spoken to Beardy several times then returned to the pipe with nothing happening, previous to this. Just wondered?

18. JayZiebarth says:

We'll change that, you have to hide behind the rock. We should probably make that happen automatically after you stuff the pipe.

19. darkbluemullet says:

Ahhh, ok. sooo, I just finished it. I have to be honest. When it was first announced, I thought I wasn't going love it. I knew I would enjoy it, because it is a CSG point and click, so I couldn't not like it. This was only based on the fact I thought it was going to very, well, childish. However, within the first 5 seconds, I was relieved to see the classic humour and style remained. I loved it! The characters were fantastic. Wentworth is cheeky and loveable. The puzzles were perfect. Collecting the 3 items for the Oracle was loads of fun. The game wasn't very difficult but tricky enough in some places. Very, very well done on another unique, vibrant environment! P.S. After completing, I clicked play again but it took me to the part where you land with the tree sapling in the inventory, standing next to the river. Basically it cut out the opening scene. Again, very well done on a fine flash game, both of you!

20. JayZiebarth says:

Glad to hear it! I have to say Wentworth is probably the cutest and most family friendly game I've done. So I was very curious to see how people would like it.

21. JayZiebarth says:

Also, there's a way bigger story that I had written in 2009 about Wentworth and Valentino. There's no way I would've been able to delve into it with the production timeline we set out for this game, so I basically took the characters and wrote this new little adventure that could work as a prequel.

22. rhcooper says:

Oh Jay, you tease... there's a whole Wentworth and Valentino bible sitting unused! :(

As wonderful as Remus and Liam are, I think these two characters are you're most marketable yet!

23. darkbluemullet says:

I have to disagree with you there Coop. I did fall in love with Wentworth and the whole environment but Reemus & Liam still shade it for. Reemus is is your lovable fool who truly believs he is the hero of the day, despite his downfalls and Liam is just an enigma of a character. Adorable and witty but just wtf is he!? :) The first time a gamer see Reemus' gut hanging out as he tries to fight off a giant bug, they are surely hooked straight away. I was at least anyway.

24. rhcooper says:

Darkbluemullet: Reemus & Liam are marketable for video gaming, T-shirts, excitement to a videogame audience. Also, Liam is a lute playing blue bear. Still if they were TV characters they could ONLY be on say HBO/Showtime or Adult Swim.

Yet Wentworth and Valentino could easily sit with Adventure Time and Gumball and Spongebob. Still very weird and truly made for adults, but perfect for a younger audience. Also, a Reemus toy would just be weird.

25. darkbluemullet says:

I must be weird then cos I would love a Reemus toy :p P.S. I knew Liam was a bear but I just meant, well what I said! :)

26. darkbluemullet says:

Now sponsored!!!!

27. beefsnarf123 says:

Played it no problems great puzzles and music also i love the scenes,

28. courneyd says:

Was a fun little game. Puzzles took a bit of thought but were simple enough.

Reply »

You must log in to post.