Games by ClickShake / Moving Forward
15 posts, 5 voices. Latest reply from tman140.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. darkbluemullet says:

Just wondered if you guys could give us an update on the plans for the future? Re-kick KickStarter? New web game?

2. SteveCastro says:

We're considering a small contract game for a little income.

3. darkbluemullet says:

:/ You guys have to eat I guess. Would it be possible to squeeze in a little flash web game? Maybe another Wentworth? Just to keep the ClickShake name in peoples mouths. What is happening with KickStarter?

4. SteveCastro says:

To mitigate any guesswork and put the rumors to rest, Jay and I do in fact require food to survive. :P

Jay is spearheading a reboot of the new A Small Favor. He's working a new demo now and looking at some funding options for it to supplement Kickstarter.

If we do another free Flash game, it's probably going to coincide with a mobile release in some way. I picked up a Mac mini and have been testing Haxe for deploying to iOS, Android, Flash, Windows, Mac and Linux.

5. darkbluemullet says:

Good stuff. I was just worried that you guys kind of went to ground. I was worried that that KickStarter had knocked the wind out of your sails a little (which would be understandable). I believe that what is meant for you wont pass by you and every step is a learning curve. I think although the KickStarter was disappointing in the end, it should be looked upon as a success in terms of testing the water. There is clearly major interest and if you guys can nail your first successful campaign, the follow ups could huge for you guys. Look at DoubleFine (I am aware that they are huge and very, very talented) and what they are doing with KickStarter!

6. SteveCastro says:

We can't say it didn't hurt to see KS fall short. You're right though, it was a great learning experience and we still see huge potential in A Small Favor. We're doing our best to stay positive and not let it emotionally hold us back. It was a setback for sure though, and we're having to get creative to be able to move forward at all. ClickShake will press on though.

7. darkbluemullet says:

Good good. I know how it feels getting knock backs when you feel like that you are getting somewhere but the back catalogue you guys have should serve as a good reminder what you are capable of when the chips are down. The only thing that I would suggest is to get back at it ASAP. Whatever that may be. If it were a free flash game, I think that using the small band of supporters in this forum could be a way to generate some more interest. Maybe using the game as an advert for the KickStarter re-launch. We could get busy on other forums to try and drive more traffic to here. People love the thought of beta testing so maybe opening up beta testing for the next flash game to all members would help? IDK, just some food for thought but bottom line, keep going! There is a large community of ClickShake fans out there!

8. crsunlimited says:

You guys need to get us back in a frenzy again. I almost forgot about you and your site as nothing new has been done since I beat Wentworth. I've always shared you guys with people I know and on facebook, but facebook keeps changing their update process, and I forget you guys without a release of something new.

9. SteveCastro says:

I'm working on some game contracts to bring in some money at the moment. Jay is working up some ideas for a new Ballads of Reemus, but that's still up in the air right now.

We'd love to have a new project in the pipeline ready to get people excited about. We were hoping that would be A Small Favor reboot, but since that didn't work out on Kickstarter, we just need some time to adjust and figure things out.

10. darkbluemullet says:

Answer this only if you want to - Is it more profitable to work on gaining contracts and work to customers specs over a period of time over quickly powering through a couple of free internet games (a new Reemus & Wentworth or 2 brand new games for example) and profit from those?

I have no idea how much money is generated from either and only asking because I am an impatient man!! :P

11. SteveCastro says:

Contracts where you work to spec have generally been the most profitable + predictable for the time. Massacre at Camp Happy did very well for us financially, but most of our other original projects have not been as profitable for the time that goes into them.

12. KatoPotato says:

Will you guys be making a new Ballads of Reemus? I really enjoyed the story of the duo thus far.
    I hope A Small Favor will be revived and will finally get it's feet wet.

13. SteveCastro says:

Jay is in fact working on a demo for a new Ballads of Reemus sequel!
    http://zeebarf.com/blog/2013/7/3/reemus-begins

14. SteveCastro says:

Quick update: I'm still working with FreshGames on various projects. I've done some updates on existing games, built a couple prototypes for new concepts, and have a couple new games that are fairly far along in the dev cycle as well. Looking forward to putting out a new game in the coming months.

15. tman140 says:

Wahoo! Looking forward to it!

You must log in to post.