Games by ClickShake / make a game come earlier
37 posts, 10 voices. Latest reply from beewyka.
  1. beewyka says:

i want the 4 chapter of several journeys of reemus to come out begining of june (at least june 1-10) are you with me people.

Edit: what i mean is take your time but can you make it done in the middle or end of the summer in June?

2. ethanrule3 says:

Jay posted under "Release Dates" that it would come out by the end of May.

3. Darkroot says:

@beewyka games take time to make if they go throught it too quickly it won't turn out well. Patience is a virtue.

4. tman140 says:

and useful, practice your "point and click skills" on some of the other games so you wont forget the storyline.

5. SteveCastro says:

@beewyka Chapter 4 will be released to everyone who preordered Ballads of Reemus, possibly in just a few weeks. Others will have to wait until Ballads of Reemus is released, which is most likely going to be at least 2 more months. Preorders are still available, but only until the end of June!

6. tman140 says:

cant wait!

7. Darkroot says:

@SteveCastro sigh seems I won't be beta testing oh well life is ___ i'm used to the long lines of disapointments. Hopefull someone will post video so I can at least watch it.

8. SteveCastro says:

@darkroot We're giving the beta testing opportunity to people who've pre-ordered Ballads as an extra "thank you" for supporting our work.

We do ask that those who get early access don't post videos, screenshots or walkthroughs until the public release.

9. Darkroot says:

@SteveCastro .... I would say something but I don't want to get into an argument.

Oh well at least somone will play it a maybe post here about how awesome it is (non screenshot/video/walkthrough type just a review that doesn't tell about the game). :'(

10. spookspoon says:

If ya want I can use your link :)

11. beewyka says:

@SteveCastro in the blog it made it clear that members also get to play every game earlier than normal people and thats the reason i became a member!

12. Darkroot says:

@beewyka people who pay get to play the beta people who are members get to play later (which is probably like 1 day before major release because why would a flash games need a alpha and beta stage).

13. SteveCastro says:

We are planning to release chapter 4 to members weeks before non-members get it. It's our treat to our members.

14. ethanrule3 says:

So can you give us a "release timespan" estimate of when it will be ready for pre-orderer(er)s of "Ballads"? I do not mind if it is EXTREMELY broad. I've waited this long, I can wait a few more weeks.

15. Darkroot says:

@SteveCastro So do ballads members get to play first or did you change that?

16. SteveCastro says:

@darkroot We didn't change it.

First of all, remember that Ballads of Reemus and Chapter 4 are designed to be a simultaneous release, so for instance someone who only plays on Kongregate or Newgrounds will be able to play Chapter 4 only once Ballads is finished and available to purchase and play.

As an added bonus, members of this site will get to play Chapter 4 before the rest of the web gets to play it. Furthermore, as an added bonus for pre-ordering Ballads, that group will get to play Chapter 4 even earlier.

To summarize, here's the plan:
    1. We finish Chapter 4, most likely by early June. Those who have pre-ordered Ballads will get to play Chapter 4 first while we continue working on Ballads.
    2. In a couple months from now, ClickShake members will get to play Chapter 4 and pre-orderers will get to play Ballads.
    3. A couple weeks later, Ballads will be available for anyone to purchase and play instantly, and Chapter 4 for will be available to anyone to play around the internet.

17. Earl says:

4. ...?
    5. Profit!

18. Darkroot says:

@Earl it's a 5 step plan now. Damn 4chan.

Next thing they will clone boxxy and destroy the entire world.

19. tman140 says:

@Earl 4. Dominate the internet with ads

20. darkbluemullet says:

Hey darkroot, I have a suggestion.... JUST BUY THE DAMN GAME! Every time I click on a thread you are always moaning or trying to bring the topic down. If you want the game early, buy it. If not and are not happy, delete your account and move on.

21. tman140 says:

why is everyone swearing? just wondering

22. xXincognitoXx says:

I try not to swear (I have yet to swear on this site)

@darkbluemullet cut Darkroot some slack about buying the game.

@Darkroot sorry, they have made clear that the only reason they are releasing it earlier to the preorders is as a thank you for buying their first premium game. It is not because they hate you or think you are not as important. You still get Chap. 4 before non-members.

23. Darkroot says:

@darkbluemullet I have suggestion tooooooooooo..... nope not going to go there.

@tman140 I don't see swears here unless you constitue a swear as something diffrent.

@xXincognitoXx True.

24. tman140 says:

you dont think d**n is a curse/cuss word

(I try not to use those words)

25. xXincognitoXx says:

The D-word is sort of considered a swear word( I-guess). It is really borderline.
    It depends how you use it. You guys used it in a non-offensive way, but if you said D**N you to H*LL then it is a swear word.

26. Earl says:

I actually use neither word. :)
    (My girlfriend finds my lack of profanity both humourous and silly at times)

27. Darkroot says:

Huh, I don't think of swears that way. In my eyes they are just social constructions. It mostly funny when people either get provoked or disgusted by them.

In most parts of the internet swearing is a part of normal trolling so you get used to it.

@Earl confused face, do you like pick up tables and chairs and throw them at people instead? (Donkey Kong lol)

28. Earl says:

No. I use strings of other mildly-rude/nonsensical words.
    (eg. butt-sucking monkey-licker)
    Yeah. I know. It's easy to tell that I'm pushing 30.

29. tman140 says:

okkk...... i dont think thats weird at all.

30. SteveCastro says:

@darkroot All of language is just a social construction, something that we must all participate in to have society. The meaning of words is understood between those speaking in order for communication to happen. Swear words are understood to communicate "I'm trying to be offensive or intimidating". Obviously words change meaning depending on the social circle, but nevertheless it is widely understood among all people that certain words communicate an intention to be offensive or intimidating. There's nothing about the vibrations in one's vocal chords that is objectively right or wrong outside the context of sentient interaction, but within that context swear words are offensive or intimidating exactly as much as the word "meaning" means anything.

Reply »

You must log in to post.