Other Games / League of Legends - Free to play multiplayer online battle arena
13 posts, 4 voices. Latest reply from spookspoon.
  1. SteveCastro says:

Does anyone here play LoL? It's super fun, and I can't believe it's completely free to play (unless you want to buy skins or get your champions quicker)! My wife and I have been playing for a couple months now probably, and it's so much fun.

If you haven't heard of it, please check it out:
    http://leagueoflegends.com/

If you haven't played Dota or similar moba games, it's like a mix between an RTS and an MMORPG, kind of a tower defense game where you play just one unit.

It's super simple to get into and difficult to master. Over 100 champions to choose from which are all surprisingly unique.

I'm level 18 now and even though there's only a couple maps to play on, the dynamic of the game play keeps you hooked.

Enough gushing, who's playing?

2. spookspoon says:

I can't believe no one has ever brought up the subject, for the longest time now, league of legends has been my favorite game. level 25, and I love carrying games :D
    its sad, because I only have 5 champions, and to play ranked games you need to be lvl 30 and have at least 15 champs.

3. spookspoon says:

What's your favorite roll, steve? and whos your best champ? Mine's between Riven and Caitlyn.

4. SteveCastro says:

How long have you been playing?

I think you only have to have 6 or so owned champions, because the current free ones count toward the total 16. You shouldn't be too many games from 30 so you should be playing ranked in no time.

I like Jax a lot, and Renekton is cool too; I guess I like being able to rush in and out. :) I'm not as big a fan of playing carries or tanks.

5. spookspoon says:

Free week champions don't count, because the point of having 15 is to be able to play any role with someone who you're good at. I just turned lvl 26 yesterday :D

ahh jax. I've faced tons of jax in top lane. They're a pain xD nothing compared to down right darius though. As for Renekton, I've never really played against a good one, they're sort of rare.

I've been playing since April, but stopped on summer vacations, so when I restarted playing I was all sloppy. However, right now i'm kicking everyone's behind.

Can I add you? :P

6. SteveCastro says:

Sure, my summoner's name is Ayaris. I can't promise I'll ever be available to group up to play, but maybe some time. :) What's your summoner's name?

7. spookspoon says:

Mine is Cathridgeon, (spookspoon was somehow already taken) I don't play a lot too, only week ends, on nights (because my crappy pc can't run LoL, so I use my brother's when he goes out) anyway, it'd be awesome to play a match with you.

8. Alucard says:

I always preferred Dota :<

9. spookspoon says:

yeah I've heard that many times. Still there is something about league of legends that makes it better (to my opinion) than Dota. Maybe it's the uniqueness of everything, I don't know.

10. GREAT1 says:

K guys, just today I downloaded LoL but i had a problem when the downloading window that says time remaining disappeared help :D

11. spookspoon says:

Steve, your last match was 5 months ago, February 27 at 6:00 pm...
    Are you really THAT busy?

12. SteveCastro says:

I stopped playing LoL a while ago. It got kind of repetitious. I'd be up for playing again some time soon to see what has changed, but I have no idea when that will be.

13. spookspoon says:

If you want to really enjoy LOL to its fullest then there's 3 things that you should do.

1. Play pvp, not co-op vs ai. That mode is to train, and the bots' logic is always the same.
    2. Use more than 1 or 2 champs, try out the free weeks and try out every champs' different play style.
    3. Play more regularly on summoner's rift. Dominion and treeline don't really follow a META or team composition. Summoner's strict composition rules and roles is what makes every game different.

To my oppinion this is what makes LOL a game that never gets old.

(Btw i've heard that LOL players are considered athletes in the US. Anyone knows about that?)

You must log in to post.