About CSG / jay and steve story
6 posts, 5 voices. Latest reply from JayZiebarth.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. spookspoon says:

Hey just wonderin but How exactly do Yu (jay) and yu(steve) know each other? Maybe its a stupid question but i was just wonderin

2. SteveCastro says:

In the past couple years I was contemplating going full time with game development and was looking for a good animator to partner up with. I emailed Jay I think around the end of 2008 because I was a fan of his work back from years ago as well as his latest games Visitor, Reemus and Favor. However, it wasn't until Newgrounds held the Power of Three event in summer 2009 and Tom Fulp suggested me to Jay that we ended up collaborating. Our first project together was Paradox Embrace, though we finished Buy Buy Buy! before Paradox was finished. After that we formed ClickShake. We met in person for the first time in San Francisco at the Flash Gaming Summit.

3. xXincognitoXx says:

Jay said that he "handed off" what he finished to you, so you both must work in your own places and then email or (insert form of communication) each other info and completed tasks right?

4. SteveCastro says:

Ya, but it's not really any more asynchronous than if we worked in the same office. We pass files back and forth frequently as needed.

5. Darkroot says:

Did you get to meet Tom Fulp?

Also how do the flash Gaming Summits look like?

What sharing program do you use Dropbox?

Questions, questions, questions.

6. JayZiebarth says:

No, I haven't met Tom Fulp yet. Someday though. I was invited to the Newgrounds party in April but wasn't able to go and he didn't go to the Flash Summit. Maybe 2011 will be the year!

What it looks like? its a big conference hall with lectures going on, you pop into whatever room with a topic that interests you. It's like the GDC only a fraction of the size and scope.

We usually just send files through AIM, email or FTP.

You must log in to post.