ClickShake Elite / I have created my own forum!! Help!
12 posts, 4 voices. Latest reply from Darkroot.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. darkbluemullet says:

Hi all!

I have created my first ever forum and would some help/tips/etc. It is for the new Call Of Duty games (Black Ops) so even if you are not a fan, any help with the forum would still be greatly appreciated.

If you want, you could sign up and get involved also ;)

http://www.codblackops.co.cc

2. xXincognitoXx says:

yeah I heard that it also serves as a "movie". Don't know much bout that remark or its authenticity but it sounds cool.

I am a dedicated COD fan.

3. darkbluemullet says:

Serves as a movie? What do you mean? Did you have a look at my forum?

4. xXincognitoXx says:

It supposedly has, instead of just cutscenes, more "involved" .......uhhhhh..... between levels/missions and accomplishments there are actual 5-15 min videos. Sorry movies wasn't a good term. I learned this by a rumor on a gaming site (It might not be true).

5. xXincognitoXx says:

Also what is the info on the forum. Is it free? are there perks? You know that kind of stuff. I clicked on "about" but nothing showed up

6. Darkroot says:

@darkbluemullet you didn't techincally create it you generated it.

You also might not want to be overly baised with your information. Since you did not include that most of activision staff left and went to develop their own company. So you might want to include that because that's where all the talent is. http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/54211/Fired-Infinity-Ward-Founders-Create-New-Studio-With-EA

Thought I don't really like COD much after COD:MW2 it's non dedicated servers and match making service it died to me.

7. Earl says:

*sigh*... Sometimes, you really come across as needlessly negative.

As for the original post, well... the only suggestion I can think of is to split up News and the Forum into separate pages. For example, if you have enough control over the files, you may wish to throw together a portal with the most recent news and maybe a few recent posts. Probably toss a link to the separate forum page at the top.
    Currently, you have to scroll down a page or so before you can even tell that it's a forum at all. :)

8. xXincognitoXx says:

"create" - "generate" .... SAME THING!!!

9. Darkroot says:

@xXincognitoXx

True in many cases, they are perfectly synonymous. "Create" is used when referring to purposely or deliberately bringing something into being, "generate" implies bringing something into being in an indirect manner or as a result of something else.

Anyway the template looks good but information is lacking.

10. darkbluemullet says:

@Darkroot I think you are giving constructive criticism but I feel it's just criticism. Also, far be it from to correct your superior knowledge but Activision are the publishers and Infinity Ward were the developers. It was Infinity Ward who made the magic happen and they have now folded. Activision deal with advertising, pricing, etc.

@Earl you are right about needing to scroll and it's not right but I am torn because I want the forum to be the heartbeat of the site, so having it on the home page is vital but the up to date news is just as vital.......

11. darkbluemullet says:

@Darkroot Also, you do of course realise that even Infinity Ward had not split, it would st ill have nothing to do with them any as this game is being developed by Treyarch (developers of World At War)

12. Darkroot says:

@darkbluemullet yes you are right I wasn't thinking clearly. But for your other post I doubt that infinity ward had absolutly no influence on Treyarch look at Treyarch other games they all were pretty bad the only franshice they were sucessful in was Cod. (But thats what is see you might lead to a diffrent conclusion).

For the forum I would put more information especially link to videos and pictures(I don't know if the template allow it but like having the videos and pictures themselves on the site intead of link would be nice). Also the template is a bit too dark(for me) and clustered.

You must log in to post.