About CSG / How did you come up with the name?
22 posts, 11 voices. Latest reply from connah14.
Tags:
  1. Kyle says:

How did you guys come up with the name Click Shake Games?

2. SteveCastro says:

Finding a name is a really long and difficult process especially when you want a good domain name that isn't taken too. We spent countless hours of serious brainstorming combined with random silliness. At one point I said "adventure burger" to which Jay replied "clickshake". He was just goofing but I really liked the sound of it and it eventually grew on him too.

3. Earl says:

Awww! I like Adventure Burger!

4. tman140 says:

yes id like one adventure burger and a chocolate click shake for here please.
    also can i have a side of roast death slug? (no offense)

what were some other ideas?

5. Darkroot says:

More interestingly how did you think up small favor/reemus/visitor?

6. JayZiebarth says:

Overall it usually comes from a random point of inspiration, once I draw the characters they end up telling me their stories. It's almost like I just become a biographer for them. A lot of time things come to me in dreams, entire puzzles and story lines appear when I'm right on that verge of sleep. So sometimes i find myself running to my computer in the night to write down ideas before they evaporate.

The Visitor came to me randomly, not even sure how. I wanted to make a game and it was getting close to Halloween, so I decided to do something creepy. I drew that lake background and the story just sort of grew as I drew each scene.

Reemus came to me after a night of playing "Balderdash" one of my made up answers involved "The classic novel the Several Journeys of Reemus". I thought the title was funny and decided to explore it as a game. I started to sketch odd ball heroes and Reemus emerged. He didn't have the look of a classic hero, he seemed more like the brother of a real hero who wanted desperately to be in the spotlight. Like a Frank Stallone or Don Swayze. So I riffed on the idea a bit and Reemus the exterminator was born. Liam came just because with such a slob of a hero I thought he needed something cute to balance him out.

Small Favor, I was watching a lot of conspiracy documentaries about banking cartels and shadow governments like "Zeitgeist" and started to imagine a world where money was abolished. I thought it might be cool to have a world where people traded in favors illegally. I also was interested in the idea of giving the player a lot of choice in the world, so you could double cross or kill whoever you wanted. I wish I had more time to explore that idea, I would've loved to really delve into moral choices and let the player solve the game the way they wanted.

7. darkbluemullet says:

Wow. I've learned so much reading these posts. Really interesting. I love the idea of Jay standing under a lamp at 2am sketching Liam as a bumble bee lol.

*goes to google AdventureBurger.com*

8. tman140 says:

Jay, keep a note pad and pencil by your bed so you can turn on a lamp and sketch your ideas. wow it just hit me that there should be a Jay and Steve's sketchbook page where you guys could put ideas and we could give them a rating

9. darkbluemullet says:

Good idea but a sketch is just a sketch. Something might look rubbish at first but could work really well in a game once developed more.

10. spookspoon says:

Yeah just like my sketches. :P

11. tman140 says:

true
    not that i've seen your sketches

12. spookspoon says:

How do you come up with such cool characters. My Characters are all poopy :T But Im great at drawing them :P

13. SteveCastro says:

@spookspoon Jay's storytelling ability continues to amaze me. I was a fan before we were a team. :)

14. tman140 says:

i love the zeebaf games

15. xXincognitoXx says:

Same here. Steve's games are also good!

16. xXincognitoXx says:

I grew up on rooftop skater

17. tman140 says:

that was fun

18. connah14 says:

i didnt know you can learn so much from reading what Steve and Jay post

19. SteveCastro says:

@incognito - I think you're the first person to say that since my ClickShake days. :) Rooftop Skater was pretty big in its day but not a lot of people know about it nowadays.

20. connah14 says:

sooo cant wait for the ballads , every day i check zeebarf .com and clickshake to check of any news

21. jeltevl says:

you are not the only one connah. :P

22. connah14 says:

i know , but i was just saying , i think the ballads of remmus , might be completed by the end of september

You must log in to post.