Ballads of Reemus & Several Journeys / Estimated play-through time?
19 posts, 8 voices. Latest reply from spookspoon.
Tags:
  1. GreeN says:

I'm very interested in the new 'Ballads' release, but I can't see any information on the amount of game-play we should expect. I see the terms "premium" and "full-length", but what can we expect? A few hours? 10 hours+?

2. JayZiebarth says:

I don't have an accurate play time yet because I'm still working on it but to give an overview.

Ballads is a three act storyline, each act has multiple locations featuring multi-screen, multi-goal puzzles. So the acts will be quite beefy with lots of content to explore.

I'm also planning additional gameplay with secondary characters, so once you finish the game you can revisit sections and play new puzzles with those characters so you can experience the story from a different perspective.

Overall I think you should get a few hours out of it.

3. spookspoon says:

I hope so cuz most of the games I have I pass them in... like 2 to 4 days or somethin. :T

4. JayZiebarth says:

well 2 to 4 days of game play for $15 still seems reasonable to me.

5. darkbluemullet says:

It also depends on how good you are the game as well. If you go straight for a walkthrough (why?) then it will be over in a shot. I like to explore and replay good games so I can see this one lasting a while.

While we are at it. I paid £40 each for Call Of Duty 4, 5 and 6 and completed each single player story in under 4 hours!

If it weren't for the multiplayer, what a rip off that would be, so all in all $15 seems very reasonable to me.

6. tman140 says:

it would be cool if you guys could add levels as an update

7. Darkroot says:

tman140 that would mean they would have to cut back on other stuff and how would additional levels makes sense if there is a storyline invlolved? You would be crippling it.

'well 2 to 4 days of game play for $15 still seems reasonable to me.'

I would go more like 1 day if I could get/afford the game. Most people are just going to play it non stop.

8. tman140 says:

what i meant was that say there could be an update that would add either more challenges to the levels or a small "mini game" to it that you access through the main menu

9. spookspoon says:

What I would like a lot would be secret scenes or something of the sort.

10. spookspoon says:

maybe cheats to make the game more interesting. :P

11. xXincognitoXx says:

NO CHEATS!!! IT RUINS THE GAME!!!

Secret Scenes and Mini Games are great ideas though

12. Earl says:

Though I've always loved minigames (whenever I played with RPG Maker, I always got distracted making minigams), I'd feel a little guilty asking for games within the game. :)

But man, secret scenes would be awesome. Those were actually in some of the old Sierra games, and were pretty fun.

13. tman140 says:

no cheats, maybe thinks you can unlock such as a bowler hat for liam, but no cheats. also the secret scenes sound cool. when i play metroid prime three i love trying to discover hidden scenes

14. GreeN says:

Thanks for the replies, guys. Length in 'Days' is a little ambiguous unless you're playing the game 24 hours a day. Top end adventures can handle a good 10 hours of game-play without walkthroughs. Games like this, you'd (or I, at least) normally expect around 5 hours.

15. JayZiebarth says:

I didn't mean to intend I was responding in days, I was just commenting that if he did get 4 days of gameplay from an adventure game that would be great.

I'm currently playing through a Whispered World (at night before bed when my work days done!) and trying to aim for around that level of length.

16. tman140 says:

cool!

wait, what is a whispered world?

goes to google

17. GreeN says:

Good to hear! Thanks Jay

18. xXincognitoXx says:

Sounds AWESOME!!!!!

19. spookspoon says:

Hey does anybody play TIBIA?

You must log in to post.