Other Games / Collectible Card Games
18 posts, 8 voices. Latest reply from connah14.
Tags:
  1. SteveCastro says:

Do any of you guys play Magic: The Gathering, Yu-gi-oh!, Pokemon, Chaotic or any other collecting/trading card games? What about Fantasy Flight Game's concept of Living Card Games? Have you heard of those?

I just picked up Warhammer: Invasion and I'm having a ton of fun playing it.

2. spookspoon says:

I have 3 whole stacks (probably more inside my untouched dust-filled chest) of yu-gi-oh! cards. I play with my brothers with those often.

3. mechingas says:

i have A LOT of cards from yu-gi-oh

4. Darkroot says:

I did then I quickly realized how much money I was wasting so I quickly stopped. Pokemon was the only card game that was unique and interesting..well the first 120 Pokemon where anyhow.

5. spookspoon says:

yeah, I have noticed that yu-gi-oh! booster packs are REALLY expensive. (where I live)

6. GREAT1 says:

i play yu gioh i have alot of cards all of them are original tomorrow there will be a contest here in toluca and i think im gonna win

7. GREAT1 says:

the first place is 1000 pesos the second 750 and the third 500

8. SteveCastro says:

That's why I like FFG's living card game concept, where you never have to buy random boosters. You know what you're getting when you buy the expansions. It can still be expensive to buy them all, but you can just buy the core set or just the expansions you want and have plenty of fun.

9. jeltevl says:

i used to play yu gi oh but that was like 5 years ago or something like that. :P

10. spookspoon says:

yay! yesterday I got a new yu-gi-oh booster pack for just $6 with 9 cards inside. yeah I know I said they cost a lot, but I rarely buy booster packs.

11. jeltevl says:

the price of the cards was the reason i did stop with yu-gi-oh.
    I spended when i started more than 100 euro a month on them.

Later i had no money but al money I getted was spend in it.
    In total around 1500 euro. :p
    when i calculated that i found i to expensive so i did sell my cards for a price of 1000 euro. :P

and yes i am living in europe.

12. spookspoon says:

about how many cents is one euro?

13. Darkroot says:

Uhh.. One Euro is about 1.43 American dollars

14. LMFAO says:

nop i think it is about 1.75

15. SteveCastro says:

For my birthday, the next card game I'm thinking about getting is Rune Age, also from Fantasy Flight Games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_WcSDi78I

I was thinking about getting a Warhammer: Invasion expansion for $25, but for $35 I could get a whole different game which also has solo, co-op and up to 4 players. I was torn between the two but I think I'm going with Rune Age.

16. LMFAO says:

@steve,have you played: dragon age,age of empires,or age of mitologies?

17. SteveCastro says:

Yes, I've played them all. I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Age, mostly because after I played a bunch of Final Fantasies and World of Warcraft, I got burned out on RPG's. I still love fantasy type games, just not stat-based video games as much.

Age of Empires/Mythologies are both really good games that I played for many hours of my life. Haven't played them in a while now though. Since then haven't really gotten into any RTS games lately either. I tried the Halo Wars demo and it seemed decently fun, but I can't really get into the Halo universe at all (mostly because I don't get into FPS games ever since playing the heck out of Unreal Tournament).

It kinda seems like once I've played a genre I never really go back to it. :) I guess I'm just pretty picky about which games I play.

18. connah14 says:

for your orginal question , yes i used to play pokemon , on my nintendo 64 , i think , the square 1 ? it fliped up . i liked it , played it quite frequently. stoped playing it , i completed the game 2 times .

im a fan of stratagy , action , adventure, puzzle, tower defence games, a little bit of MMO games , you could bundle some of the types of games in to a couple of typees

You must log in to post.