Ballads of Reemus & Several Journeys / Ballads Progress Timeline
86 posts, 23 voices. Latest reply from Green123.
  1. SteveCastro says:

Check out the home page or Ballads of Reemus index, and you'll see we added a new image detailing our progress on the game. We'll update it as we check off items on the todo list.

2. Darkroot says:

Very nice, we can see how behind you are in the programming section, pick up the pace :P.

3. dominate330 says:

Love the new timeline, eases the wait and its really creative.

@darkroot I think that mainly the artwork has been holding things up; Steve couldn't program b/c he was waiting for it to come from Jay.

4. darkbluemullet says:

Nah, I blame Steve... Only one way to settle this....

5. jeltevl says:

he did listen to you. The progamming bar is somewhat further now.

6. connah14 says:

good progress so far steve and jay

7. SteveCastro says:

We're actually quite a bit further now than the progress bar currently shows. Jay has been doing several of the remaining tasks simultaneously and I'm planning to have a lot of the first pass programming done on the whole game maybe next week.

FYI, first pass programming is basically getting the core puzzle and inventory elements to work (picking up and using items), dropping in most of the dialogue, moving from scene to scene, etc. I skip all of the character-specific animations for this pass since it's not necessary to get the basic game flow working and is a bit time consuming, so the characters just stand there or aren't even visible in the scene, and I just get everything else working basically (the dialogue just appears at the bottom of the screen for now in many instances).

8. darkbluemullet says:

That's great news Steve. I love these little bits of info regarding development. Any target date yet or is that an even more unnecessary strain? :p

9. reemusfannum1 says:

Just out of curiosity why does the release date for chapter 4 say 2010 when its 2011 already??

10. JayZiebarth says:

Originally we were going to release Chapter 4 in 2010 but our plans changed and we didn't update the text :)

@Darkbluemullet - No target date yet!

11. JayZiebarth says:

Timeline has been updated!

12. jeltevl says:

wow you are going very fast with the game now.

You stil don't have a release date?

13. beefsnarf123 says:

well if you ask me the game will probably come out early july or something

14. darkbluemullet says:

That's optomistic..... I am gonna guess.... 4th september. Don't know why?

15. beefsnarf123 says:

you never know

16. jeltevl says:

well jay how far are you now with the recording?

17. jeltevl says:

i see that you have updated the timeline.

You guys are making huge progress.

18. darkbluemullet says:

Agreed. HUGE progress. That vlog was great. It's nice to get a behind the scenes look at what goes into this game. Really hope this game is a huge success for you guys.

19. connah14 says:

I thnk the ballads will be released , by the end of september , if not then of this year if any major issues arise

20. DarkKnight says:

This timeline is awesome, the game is so close to being done!

21. connah14 says:

yeah im so excited for the balads

22. SteveCastro says:

Programming as much as I have lately makes my pinky finger feel weird. So much shifting/ctrling.

23. wolee03 says:

I've been excited for a while... getting a little antsy now. Hope it comes out before Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Because I'll be at my brother's house like everyday when he gets it! :)

24. connah14 says:

i think i might have got my estimate wromg , i really want it to be released on the 1st of october , because it is my 16TH BIRTHDAY ON THE 1ST OCT

25. jeltevl says:

I think they shall not reach that date. :P

26. connah14 says:

i know

27. jeltevl says:

btw when are you guys update the timeline?

28. connah14 says:

hopfully soon or in the next week

29. spookspoon says:

maybe when they've finished the game, since their doing almost everything at the same time. But who will finish their work first, jay or steve?

30. connah14 says:

steve

Reply »

You must log in to post.