Ballads of Reemus & Several Journeys / Ballads of Reemus - Another way to buy ?
8 posts, 7 voices. Latest reply from Alfex.
Tags: No tags yet.
  1. BuffoViscosis says:

Hi.

I planned on buying this fine game since i heard about it. Problem is, I have no intention to use Paypal, as I fiercely reject everything from them since the wikileaks event.

That's a bummer, but I try to take my convictions seriously.

So I was wondering : is any other way to pay planned ? Is there any way you can try to release BoR on steam, or develop direct online payment ? I'm in kind of a moral dilemma here.

2. Earl says:

You should probably email them directly (contact@clickshakegames.com, or follow the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom) to see if you could arrange some sort of alternate payment. They have actually mentioned a desire to investigate getting it onto Steam, but since no specific announcements have been made yet, I wouldn't count on that as a solution for the short-term.

Not sure I see the moral dilemma though. (Not judging you or anything, I just don't understand boycotting a service just because they didn't want to get mixed up in terrorism and fraud) Also not entirely sure how a direct online payment would help you, since you're also (presumably) boycotting MasterCard and VISA, as they were part of the same financial embargo.

3. SteveCastro says:

I am looking into Amazon as an alternative to PayPal. I'll be sure to announce once an alternative is available. It may not be until next week.

4. iggypop521 says:

While I'm not very sure how this works, and it would probably be costly, maybe you could put it on Steam?The people who made Eversion did it, so maybe you could too?

5. JayZiebarth says:

We'll definitely try to get it on Steam.

6. BuffoViscosis says:

Yay for Amazon and Steam, and many thanks for the quick answer.

You must log in to post.