Other Games / Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
20 posts, 7 voices. Latest reply from SteveCastro.
  1. SteveCastro says:

Anyone else play? I play on the XBox 360. This game is right up my alley. I love parkour and this series was part of my inspiration for starting training in the discipline. Well the multiplayer in this one is really super fun, loads better than any FPS game for me. It's super strategic, and I love hiding in crowds and trying to act as natural as possible to fool your opponents.

I've gotten myself into around the top 300 out of 300,000 players on the Templar Score leaderboard for Wanted mode. Virgin Gaming has a tournament going and I've qualified in the 256 spots to compete for the top prize of $5000. There are some really good players so I doubt I'll win the thing, but I'm hoping to win a couple rounds to earn a few bucks and have some fun.

Here's the page for it: http://virgingaming.com/acb/. If you're curious I'll be listed under EO on the leaderboards. Tomorrow is the start of the tournament. I'll let you guys know how far I get. :)

2. Dalkiel says:

Good luck Steve.

3. Zaigo says:

Yeah good luck to you Steve. Good game thought, I've played through singleplayer story and some multiplayer.

4. darkbluemullet says:

Good stuff Steve. I have it and I had the others but I play on PS3. It is really well designed and I loved the story.

Hopefully you will win, every other player will be thinking the same as you and will be doubting they can win it but someone has too!

5. SteveCastro says:

My first opponent has a lower win ratio than me so I might have a shot at winning the first round.

6. darkbluemullet says:

Good luck. Confidence is key!

7. SteveCastro says:

Each game lasts 10 minutes and has 6-8 people in it. During a match, one of those people is your opponent and you just have to get a higher score than them.

- I won my first round by around 4100 to ~3000. I got 2nd place and my opponent was around 4th place.
    - For the second round, the guy was online at the start time, but then he stopped responding and went offline so I won by default.

Rounds 3 and 4 tonight!

8. darkbluemullet says:

Well done. Good luck. Keep us updated!

9. SteveCastro says:

After a painful number of technical issues, I finally matched up to my 3rd opponent and won!

Now I'm up against another opponent that looks completely inaccessible for match making so I don't know what's going to happen now.

10. SteveCastro says:

We finally got our connectivity issues resolved and I was able to play my 4th opponent and win, but VirginGaming had already disqualified both of us from the tournament as no-shows, splitting the prize for that round and we're no longer in the tourney... :( Damnit, I could have kept going.

11. Dalkiel says:

Well that must be disappointing... Was the connectivity issue on your end at all? If not, disqualifying you seems like a pretty crappy move on their part.

12. ethanrule3 says:

So in the end, how much did you win?

13. SteveCastro says:

Both my opponent and I made network changes that eventually resolved the problem, so who knows which end was causing the problem, maybe both.

I won $93.

14. xXincognitoXx says:

Awesome
    I own it for ps3 and it is 1 of ony 3 games that I don't have platinum in (**** final ten seconds trophy).
    ps: 10 plats.

15. connah14 says:

this is related , im a huge fan of Ubisoft im soooo looking forward to Assassins Creed 3 on OCTOBER 31ST (in the uk ) 30th in the USA , i watched Ubisoft's E3 conference on the internet it was amazing ,the game play of AS3 was to die for . im so getting it not pre ordering though

16. connah14 says:

ps getting it on xbox

17. SteveCastro says:

Ya, AC3 looks pretty awesome. I still haven't finished Revelation because it isn't that great IMO, but the newer one should top it.

18. connah14 says:

me to , not finished revelations also , im trying to capture all city's under control at the min , been busy with fifa 12 and cod mw2

19. darkbluemullet says:

Regarding your OP Steve, have you played Mirrors Edge? It's old but should be a game that you love!

20. SteveCastro says:

I tried the Mirrors Edge demo. It seemed pretty sweet, but I never got around to getting the full game. I'm not as into the muted colors and first person perspective, but it still seemed pretty solid.

You must log in to post.