Games by ClickShake / A new KickStarter-esque Crowd Funding Project
3 posts, 2 voices. Latest reply from darkbluemullet.
  1. darkbluemullet says:

I have been asked to help beta test and spread the word of this new crowd funding project Manacrowd. The way it is different for the backer is that they can get royalties for the games that they back and potentially make money from the future ales of the game. Also it's based in Toronto, which I though would be of interest in particular to Jay.

Maybe worth checking out?? http://www.manacrowd.com/?kid=1Y1NZ

2. SteveCastro says:

That does sound neat. Although if you get hundreds of backers, and the royalty percentage isn't very large, the backers wouldn't likely make that much back in royalties. Potentially making your money back sounds about as high as a backer could hope for.

3. darkbluemullet says:

You never know though. I think that it would be the less well known dev's who benefit the most. I imagine that there would be a lot of people who would think "hmm, this is the dev's debut and has no backing, I'm gonna go in with a big backing in the hope that it isa surprise hit!". Or maybe that's just me ha ha. Either way, they would need to do a lot of advertising to get the site well known in the meantime.

You must log in to post.