Ideas & Suggestions / A mod is needed!
22 posts, 9 voices. Latest reply from mechingas.
  1. darkbluemullet says:

This has been mentioned before but I really feel that if at all possible, a mod (or mods) should be selected for the forum. Nothing too strict or ban hammer happy but someone who would clean up the threads a little.

Any thoughts?

2. Earl says:

Well, personally, I don't think things are really chaotic enough around here to warrant it.
    I mean, heck, the biggest mod-needing thing that's happened so far is a bit of spaminess, and that seemed to resolve itself, right? :)

3. tman140 says:

yeah, the only trolling/spamming is done on the spam forum. its has shifted over there

4. xXincognitoXx says:

It is not like we are all plotting to kill the president (yet)(*just kidding*). All spam is in the CLICK IT !!! Forum, but that forum has actually become the most popular one.

5. darkbluemullet says:

Well maybe but I still think a mod would help.

@incognito The only spam in CLICK IT!?? Have you seen some of the recent threads? ;)

6. tman140 says:

dont be harsh... he learned his lesson

7. darkbluemullet says:

Yeah, guess you are right.

8. darkbluemullet says:

BTW tman, aren't you a tiny bit curious to see what your unique avatar would look like? I know I am :)

9. Darkroot says:

If there isn't anyone that's purposely spamming or trolling it's fine. The new guy that is making all the new threads will learn and he isn't doing it on purpose. I think we just need a set of rules or guidlines that are stickeid on the forum.

10. xXincognitoXx says:

Sorry for my past spamming :(

11. beefsnarf123 says:

do you mean me by new guy

12. tman140 says:

@ darkbluemullet here it is

13. mechingas says:

ehm,i really think we need a mod. (coughEARLcough) because you never know when the spamming problem will increase. what about if 2 guys begin to fight? we never know!

edit: forget it. we already have "click it" for all the spamming promblems. :D

14. GREAT1 says:

that's why there should be a private chat channel gor guys to fight without ruining clickshake

15. spookspoon says:

still, a mod would be needed (*cough*me*cough*) to control people who...

make various accounts. (or well that can be sort of fixed by letting only one account per IP)

insult others in inappropriate ways.

do exessive spamming on the forums. (exept CLICK IT of course)

16. mechingas says:

i think in spookspoon but since he really spams A LOT he cant be a mod or maybe he can.......

17. GREAT1 says:

i think that earl can't be the mod because he doesn't connects everyday,and i think that spookspoon makes a lot of spam so he technically would become modded instead of being the mod, maybe ethanrule,or,darkroot,or maybe jeltvl,even mechingas

18. spookspoon says:

hey, You probably dont know what spam means right? according to my records, it means to fill a forum with a lot of posts that are worthless. I USED to do that before, but I learned it really is frustrating. I guess now is a good time to apologize for everything I have done wrong on the whole forum. Im sorry for that.

oh and great1, you dont know if earl is not connected, maybe he just doesnt post because there is nothng of interest to post about. EARL, IF YOU DO USE CLICKSHAKE MOST OF THE DAYS, SAY SOMETHING.

19. Earl says:

Ahem.
    I do, indeed, check in most days. Howevever, depending on my workload, it can be as little as a few times a week.

Also, just a reminder: IP addresses aren't that helpful for filtering out undesirables. :)
    Even ignoring the issue of dynamic IPs, it's not terribly hard to change where you're appearing to connect from. (Heck, even when I connect from my GF's place to my office, my IP address will make me appear to change countries when I browse!)

20. mechingas says:

well 1st of all i cant be a mod cause i have a greate spamming problem. greate1 i think earl should be the mod, maybe he doesnt connect every day cause he has his own life! he is a teacher! he has his own house! he pay his own water,electricity,gas,etc...! he cant frequently be connect. and he solves problems easily

21. spookspoon says:

I dont know, maybe its too much for the little guy. I suggest the mod should be someone who has a lot of time to waste. (me) It should also me someone who will take his job seriously. (me) and the mod should also be very vigilant. (me) well, I think the choice is obvious. (me)

22. mechingas says:

little guy? @spookspoon for me its OK if yo were the mod. (i prefer earl anyways) but its not mah choise is everyone choice.

You must log in to post.